Last Updated on
Do you love your wax warmer, but want to save some money on your soy wax melts? We’ll show you how to make grapefruit scented DIY soy wax melts!
Wax warmers are a super popular way to bring lovely scents into our home, especially this time of year. Unfortunately, so many of the wax melts you can buy are filled with all sorts of artificial fragrances and additives that I like to avoid.
I often make wax melts with coconut oil, but I wanted to make some that would hold up a bit better for storage, so this time I made soy wax melts. And I chose an uplifting essential oil to scent them with – grapefruit oil.
If you love your wax warmer, but want to make your own soy wax melts that are less expensive and healthier, give this tutorial for grapefruit scented soy wax melts a try. Of course, you can substitute your favorite essential oil if grapefruit isn’t calling you right now.
You’ll find that they are even better than the expensive wax melts you can purchase. Once you make your own wax melts for your wax warmer using essential oils, you’ll be hooked!
Give this tutorial for making soy wax melts a try, and let us know how it turned out for you in the comments below!
How to Make Grapefruit Oil Scented Soy Wax Melts
- Soy wax flakes or soy wax bars, shredded
- Pan or candle making pitcher
- Silicone spatula
- Wax melt tray
- Grapefruit essential oil
- Heat two cups of soy wax flakes or shredded soy wax bars in a pan on a low heat. If you have a candle making pitcher, it will make the process even easier.
- The wax will melt fast, so gently stir as it dissolves. Continue stirring until the wax is completely liquified.
- Remove the wax from the heat once it has liquified. Add in 30-40 drops of grapefruit essential oil. Stir well.
- Carefully pour the wax mixture into the wax melt molds. Pour slowly, filling each mold ¾ of the way full.
- Place the wax melt molds in a cool and dry place so they can harden. If you notice any air bubbles, be sure to poke them with a toothpick prior to setting.
- Allow the wax a full 24 hours to harden.
- To use your wax melts simply remove 1-2 from the mold and place it in a wax warmer, tealight burner or electric burner designed for melting wax tarts or wax cubes such as this.