Last Updated on
Fall crafts are a fun way to ring in the season. Learn how to make an easy Pumpkin Centerpiece using mason jar canning rings and a few other supplies.
I do a lot of canning and have a bit of a mason jar obsession. Once you’re done canning something, you remove the ring for storage, then what do you do with it?
If you’re anything like me, you have a ton of mason jar rings sitting in a box somewhere, not being put to use because you have so many of them!
So I was thrilled to be able to use them for such a fun project. It’s really easy to make too. Painting takes the longest.
If you don’t want a pretty sparkly pumpkin like I made, you could use spray paint. Even though it took longer to use acrylic paints, I am really happy with how my mason jar ring pumpkin turned out!
Even if you’re not a canner with lots of extra rings lying around, you can purchase the rings separately without the need to purchase mason jars.
Mason Jar Ring Pumpkin Craft
- Paint one side of the mason jar rings with the flat paint, then allow to dry (about an hour).
- Paint the other side of the mason jar rings with the flat paint, then allow to dry (about an hour).
- Paint one side of the mason jar rings with the glitter paint, then allow to dry (about an hour).
- Paint the other side of the mason jar rings with the glitter paint, then allow to dry completely. I let mine dry overnight for this step.
- Cut a piece of twine that is long enough to tie through all of the rings.
- Insert the twine through the rings, making sure they are all facing the same direction, and tie it as tightly as you possibly can. The tighter, the better.
- Fan out and arrange the rings so they form a pumpkin shape. Insert cinnamon sticks (or anything that resembles a stem into the center of the pumpkin.
- Add leaves for decoration, if desired.