Last Updated on
I have gone back and forth on whether to send Kaylee to pre-school for a while. After we sent Zoë to Kindergarten last year, Kaylee started asking about going to school. I thought about sending her last year, but decided against it.
When Zoë started First Grade this year, the questions started up again. Kaylee has really blossomed into a very social little girl over the last year. She loves being around other kids and she loves to talk. Seriously, I think she could talk all day long (actually she does).
So, last week I enrolled her into pre-school two days a week to start. Even though she’s very social, she’s still very attached to me and I was worried too much time away from me too fast would be overwhelming for her.
Kaylee has now gone for three days and is really enjoying it. She’s making new friends and learning new things. I’m happy to see this transition go so well because the transition of Zoë starting school was rough (now she loves school and often wishes the hours were longer and there were no weekends off).
There are so many fun “firsts” to reflect on with my girls. We have already experienced so many of them, but I know there are so many more coming! I like to read books to the girls to prepare them for their “firsts,” but Netflix also has a lot of shows that can help kids get ready for theirs.
Here are some episodes and movies currently streaming on Netflix to check out if your child has any firsts coming up!
- New Sibling: The Hive: S01E01, Babee’s Room
- Losing Your First Tooth: Super WHY: S01E10, The Story of the Tooth Fairy
- Getting Glasses: Arthur: S15E09, Through the Looking Glasses
- First Sleepover: Bratz Kidz: Sleep-over Adventure
- First Trick-or-Treat: Julius Jr.: S01E06, Dressed for Spook-cess
- First Pet: Beethoven
- First Move: The Croods
- First Big Game: D2: The Mighty Ducks
- First Spelling Bee: Akeelah and the Bee
- First Dance: Kickin’ It: S01E20, The Wrath of Swan
- First Break-Up: Good Luck Charlie: S01E20, Girl Bite Dog
- First Road Trip: Diners, Drive-ins and Dives
- First Kiss: Wizards of Waverly Place: S01E02, First Kiss
- First Job: Good Burger
- First Time Babysitting: The Baby-Sitters Club
- First Concert: Taylor Swift: The Journey to Fearless
What first has your child experienced recently?
This post was written by me as a member of the Netflix Stream team, for which I receive a complimentary Netflix subscription.