This recipe was submitted by Ana Fernandez of Recipes for My Blog. It has not been tested by Happy Mothering staff.
Potato skins are a go to appetizer for many get togethers. It’s no wonder because they’re definitely tasty! However, many of us are trying to replace popular appetizers for healthier versions at our holiday festivities. My recipe for Loaded Sweet Potato Bites is a great swap for traditional potato skins because sweet potatoes are loaded with nutrition.
To add in a healthy dose of active cultures, I use yogurt instead of sour cream. We can all use a bit more of those, especially this time of year! If you want an even tangier cream topping, you can swap limes for the lemons.
I also lightened these sweet potato bites up by omitting bacon, but you’re welcome to add uncured bacon crumbles to the top of these loaded sweet potato bites for extra flavor! A bit of shredded cheese is welcome too if you’re not shooting for a lightened up appetizer.
No matter how you load them up, these Loaded Sweet Potato Bites are sure to be a hit at your holiday get together!
Loaded Sweet Potato Bites Recipe
Loaded Sweet Potato Bites
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F.
- Combine sea salt and pepper in a small bowl and squeeze in one lemon. Stir to combine.
- Coat sweet potatoes with olive oil and sprinkle half the seasoning mix on top.
- Bake for 20 minutes then flip over and add remaining seasoning mix to the other side. Return to the oven for another 20 minutes.
- Pour yogurt into a medium cup, then whisk in the juice of 2 lemons to make the cream.
- Take sweet potato wedges out of oven, allow them to cool, then garnish with green onion, avocado and cream.
- Serve and enjoy.