I know it’s not even Thanksgiving yet, but the girls are already asking how long until Christmas?! I think that is a common theme among kids. Christmas is special for so many reasons. I love it because it’s one of the few days that I put down my computer and I’m completely present with my family. Of course the kids love that, but they love the gifts too 🙂
Part of the excitement of Christmas is the countdown. I loved counting down the days until Christmas when I was a kid, and my girls are no different. Every day, we countdown the days to Christmas in a different way. This year, I thought making a Christmas Countdown Dry Erase Board would be a fun and easy way.
If you’re looking for a new way to countdown to Christmas this year, give this simple project a try! You can even get the supplies at your local dollar store, so it’s super affordable! And I’ve put together a free printable to make it super easy too.
This is a fantastic project for kids or to hang on the wall in a small business or office to get people excited about the upcoming holiday (and let them know how many shopping days are left)!
DIY Christmas Countdown Dry Erase Board
- 8 ½ x 11” Document Frame (like this)
- Dry Erase Marker (like these)
- Plain White Printer Paper
- Color Printer
- Free Christmas Countdown Printable (PDF or JPG)
- Print the “Christmas Countdown” printable document in color (plain white paper works well or white cardstock).
- Clean the glass on the frame well before using. Remove the backing from the frame, and place the “Christmas Countdown” printable in between the glass and frame backing – making sure it’s locked in place.
- Use any color of dry erase marker to write the number of days until Christmas each day leading up to the date.
- Frames can be cleaned each day by simply using a paper towel to remove the marks from the dry erase marker.