Last Updated on
Do you love the natural look of wine corks? If so, you will love crafting this wine cork votive holder. You can create your own wine cork votive holder using just a few inexpensive materials, and the finished product is just stunning. Take a peek below at how you can get busy crafting your own. You might not ever look at wine corks the same again!
- 1 large fish bowl shaped vase
- 1 small votive holder (look for something with tall sides)
- Assorted wine corks (buy in bulk here)
- Battery operated (preferred) or regular votive
We found the fish bowl and votive holder at our local thrift shop. You can check your own or even browse your local craft store or dollar store, which should have these size/shape vases and more.
- Begin by placing your votive inside of the votive holder. Drop the pair into the center of the fish bowl vase.
- Take your wine corks and start building them around the votive. This is why it is important that your votive holder has tall sides. Using a taller side holder will help keep the wine corks in place.
- Continue building the wine corks up the side of the fish bowl. You will find that they are fairly flexible so you can curve and bend them to fit.
- Once your fishbowl is filled with the corks, you are ready to light your votive. Take a peek first and make sure there are no corks hovering over the votive. All corks should be a safe distance from it.
- You can now light your flame and enjoy! The light will shine through the corks and an earthy glow will result.
Perfect for centerpieces or to gift the wine lover in your life, this wine cork votive holder makes a fun craft anyone can do. Give it a try!
You Might Also Like
Have you ever made wine cork crafts?
This post contains affiliate links.