This post was written by me as a member of the Netflix Stream team, for which I receive a complimentary Netflix subscription.
Growing up, my sister and I were always very close. We are just under 3 years apart, and we shared a room, so we had no choice but to be 🙂
A lot of sisters grow apart once they hit high school, but my sister and I did not even though we chose different paths in high school. I focused heavily on my grades, and not so much on my social life. My sister focused less on grades, and more on having a social life. Regardless, we still hung out together all the time.
Today, we don’t live in the same town, but I still love my sister very much and try to stay in touch with her even though it can be challenging because we both have our own lives.
Knowing how close my sister and I were growing up gives me hope that my daughters will stay close throughout the years. They are only 21 months apart and it makes me smile every day when I hear them tell each other, “I love you,” and give each other big hugs. They have always adored each other, even when Kaylee was just a baby.
Sisters are like built in best friends. They are each other’s first experience learning what friendship is all about. It’s so important to teach them the lessons they’ll need to make good friendships as they grow.
Netflix has a selection of TV shows and movies that can help reinforce those lessons.
For Your Little Kids:
- Bob and Larry: VeggieTales in the House
- Bert and Ernie: Sesame Street: Elmo and Friends
- Bo and Dezzy: Bo on the Go!
- Justin and Olive: Justin Time
- Tod and Copper: The Fox and the Hound 2
- Clifford and Elizabeth: Clifford
For Your Big Kids:
- Phineas and Ferb
- Shaggy and Scooby: Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated
- Vada and Thomas: My Girl
- Martin and Chris: Wild Kratts
- Finn and Jake: Adventure Time
- Mario and Luigi: The Super Mario Bros. Super Show!
- Charlotte and Wilbur: Charlotte’s Web
We love Netflix because it allows us to avoid commercials and have more control over what our girls watch.