Last Updated on
I love when Fall rolls around and pumpkins are bountiful. I am always sure to pick up a few because they seem to be gone before I know it.
Over the weekend, the girls and I roasted two of the three pie pumpkins we got this year and made pumpkin puree for baking throughout the week.
This is the first recipe we made with our homemade pumpkin puree. While these cookies are delicate because of the cake-like texture, they taste amazing!
This recipe makes about a dozen cookies and they need to be stored in the fridge – that is if you can resist eating the whole batch after you pull them out of the oven!
Grain Free Pumpkin Cake Cookies Recipe
- ½ cup homemade pumpkin puree (can substitute canned pumpkin)
- ¼ cup packed organic brown sugar
- ¼ cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup room temperature almond butter
- 1 pastured egg
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon aluminum-free baking powder
- ½ teaspoon Real Salt
- ½ teaspoon organic vanilla extract
- To make the pumpkin puree, just cut your pumpkins in half and bake them at 375°F for around 30-35 minutes or until soft when pierced with a fork. Then scoop all of the pumpkin out (we used our Good Cook Pumpkin Scoop, available at Walmart) and blend – easy as that.
- Mix all of your ingredients in a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Place your bowl of batter in your fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350° F about 5 minutes before removing the batter from the fridge.
- Line your cookie sheet (we used our Good Cook Bakeware) with unbleached parchment paper and drop cookies by tablespoon on your baking sheet.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until set.
- Allow to cool before removing from the pan as the cookies are rather fragile.