The other day I realized I had a bunch of pumpkin puree that needed to be used ASAP. So the girls and I started to experiment with some new pumpkin recipes. Some turned out great and some wound up in the trash. The life of a baker 😉
The recipe that was the biggest hit, by far, was these Pumpkin Pie Crumble Bars. Oh my! They are delicious both when served warm and served cold. And a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream on top makes them even better!
If you're looking for an amazing pumpkin recipe that can be served at a holiday party or sold at a bake sale, then this Pumpkin Pie Crumble Bars recipe is just what you've been searching for!
Pumpkin Pie Crumble Bars Recipe
Are you looking for a crowd pleasing pumpkin recipe? This Pumpkin Pie Crumble Bars recipe is amazing served hot or cold. And it's always a huge hit!
Crust & Topping
- 1 1/3 cups organic flour
- 1 1/3 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup organic white granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup organic brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Real Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add flour, oats, white sugar, brown sugar, salt and baking soda to a large mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- Add melted coconut oil and vanilla extract to the mixture and stir until well combined.
- Once the mixture is well combined, divide in half.
- Press one half into the bottom of an 8×8 square baking pan. Bake for 15 minutes.
- While that's baking, add the pumpkin puree, maple syrup, half and half and gelatin to a clean mixing bowl. Whisk quickly to combine.
- Then add in the whole egg, egg yolk and vanilla and whisk until well combined.
- Once the bottom layer is done baking, add the pumpkin filling to the pan and return to the oven for about 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle the remaining crumb mixture over the top of the pumpkin filling. You'll want to crumble it in your hands and sprinkle it gently – don't pack it in.
- Return the pan to the oven for another 30-35 minutes, or until the pumpkin layer is set and the top layer is golden brown.
- If you're serving warm, you can serve right away as a crumble in a bowl topped with vanilla bean ice cream.
- If you want to serve cold, allow the Pumpkin Pie Crumble Bars to cool for an hour before transferring to the fridge. You'll want to let it cool for about 3 hours or overnight. Then remove from the fridge and cut into bars or squares. They're great served with ice cream cold too!
Do you prefer your Pumpkin Pie Crumble Bars hot or cold?