During the fall and winter months, I love making slow cooker stew and soups and stews. It’s so warm and nourishing, and I love how you can make big batches that will last for a few dinners.
While soup and stew recipes made on the stove are awesome, I prefer hands-off recipes made in a slow cooker. The slow cooker is a busy family’s best friend. All you have to do is toss all of the ingredients in, push a button and 6-8 hours later you have an amazingly healthy home-cooked meal waiting for you.
You can even do all of the prep the night before, put the crock in the fridge and pop it in and turn the slow cooker on in the morning. When I know I’m going to have a busy morning, I always do the prep the night before.
My favorite slow cooker is this Hamilton Beach Slow Cooker. We’ve had it for a few years now and it’s super reliable. I also love that the lid locks on so I can prep a meal and take it to an essential oil class I’m teaching or a party.
If you want a delicious, healthy slow cooker stew recipe the whole family will love, give this Sausage, Kale and White Bean Slow Cooker Stew Recipe a try. It’s perfect for those busy days!
Sausage, Kale and White Bean Slow Cooker Stew RecipePrint
During the cold winter months, there's nothing better than a nourishing bowl of stew. This sausage, kale and white bean slow cooker stew is a always a hit.
- 2 (10 ounce) packages of Hot Italian Chicken Sausage
- 2 cans white cannellini beans
- 1 large bunch kale, chopped
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 cups diced carrots
- 4 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 ½ quarts homemade chicken broth
- Thinly slice the sausage and place in the crock pot. If you have time, you can sear them first for extra flavor, but it’s not necessary.
- Drain and rinse the cannellini beans, then transfer to the crock pot.
- Remove the ribs from the kale and chop it into bite sized pieces – my girls prefer it chopped small. Place in crock pot.
- Dice and chop the onion, carrot and garlic, then put in the crock pot.
- Add the chicken broth and spices to the crockpot and stir.
- Turn the crockpot on low and allow your Sausage, Kale and White Bean Slow Cooker Stew to cook for about 8 hours.
What’s your favorite slow cooker stew or soup recipe?
This post is sponsored by FitFluential on behalf of Kohl's.