Last Updated on
Are you planning to give homemade gifts for Christmas this year? These DIY Peppermint Lip Balm Tins make wonderful gifts!
This time of year, we all suffer from dry skin and chapped lips. So people love getting these beautiful tins of peppermint lip balm.
They’re easy to toss in a purse or keep handy. And they leave your lips feeling nourished and minty fresh!
Best of all, I even put together some free printable labels for you so you can customize your handmade gift. Just make sure you get some full page label sheets.
DIY Peppermint Lip Balm with Free Printable Label
Ingredients and Supplies
- 1 1/2 tablespoons beeswax (I prefer beeswax pastilles)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon shea butter
- 2 tablespoons sweet almond oil
- 20 drops peppermint essential oil
- Small salve containers with lids
- Double boiler
- Full page label sheets
- Put the beeswax, coconut oil, shea butter, and sweet almond oil into your double boiler to melt ingredients together.
- If you don’t have a double boiler, you can put water in a small pot and bring the water to a boil on the stove. Place your beeswax, coconut oil, shea butter and sweet almond oil into a a glass dish or Pyrex cup. Place the glass dish or cup inside the pot of boiling water and melt ingredients while stirring.
- Using either of these methods will allow the ingredients to slowly melt. A small skewer works great to stir the ingredients together.
- Remove from heat, then stir in about 20 drops of the peppermint essential oil.
- Pour the melted mixture into the small metal containers right away.
- Wait until it has hardened to cap them.
- Allow the lip balm to set for 24 hours before using.
- Add the printable labels, if you’d like. Choose from Peppermints or Peppermint Lip Balm labels.