Last Updated on
I can’t believe that 2014 is just a few days away! Seriously, 2013 has just flown by. It has been a wonderful year full of lots of ups and downs, growth and changes.
This time of year, I like to look back and evaluate what’s working well in my life, and what’s not. One of my favorite things to look back on is which blog posts were most popular in that year. It helps me understand what you enjoy reading, so I can bring you more content that you’ll enjoy.
If you’re a newer reader, it’s also a great way to give you some ideas on which articles you should read to get to know what Happy Mothering is all about. I can’t believe this is our 4th New Year around here! Thank you for being a part of the Happy Mothering community, and I hope you have a wonderful New Year!
Most Popular Posts of 2013
- Natural Remedies: Master Tonic. This is a must-make tonic for the cold and flu season! It’s easy to make, and the ingredients are readily available at your local grocery store!
- Does Your Coconut or Almond Milk Contain a Known Carcinogen? Mine Does. You assume that if something is in your food, it must be safe, right? That’s not always true, unfortunately. Learn about the common ingredient used in milk substitutes that has been shown to be carcinogenic.
- Natural Home Remedies for Colds. Cold season is upon us, and it has already run its course through our house. If it’s hitting your house, be sure to check out this list of natural remedies.
- Health Benefits of Cilantro (Plus a Cilantro Pesto Recipe. Cilantro is one of my favorite herbs. It can be used in so many different types of cuisines that it’s a must-have in our house. Did you know it has health benefits too?
- Beyond Allergies – Why Food Dyes May Cause Child Behavioral Problems. Have you noticed behavioral changes when your child consumes artificial food coloring? If so, you’re not alone.
- DIY Peppermint Sugar Scrub Bars. This post was a huge hit over the holidays. These yummy sugar scrub bars make a great gift any time of the year! Or just make them for pampering yourself.
- Why We’re Switching From Stainless Steel to Glass Water Bottles. Did you know that stainless steel can leach other metals? Be sure you’re making the safest choice for your family.
- Green Pasture BLUE ICE Royal Butter Oil / Fermented Cod Liver Oil Blend. This is a great blend for overall health, and is especially recommended for those trying to cure tooth decay.
- Natural Homemade Gatorade. Did you know that gatorade from the store is full of lots of nasty chemicals, artificial colors and GMO ingredients? This year, I shared how we make a naturally hydrating beverage without any of the toxic ingredients.
- DIY Oatmeal Exfoliating Bar. Oatmeal is a very soothing ingredient. Pair that with the exfoliating qualities and these bars make another great recipe to make as a gift!