Last Updated on
One question that pops up every December in my Facebook feed goes something like this, “Help! I need more tax deductions for my blog. What should I buy?”
Rather than giving the same suggestions every year, I decided to put it all in one place, where it can help all of my blogging friends.
If you’re a blogger who finds themselves needing more end of year tax deductions I hope you’ll find the perfect suggestion on this list!
50 Things Bloggers Can Buy for End of Year Tax Deductions
Blogging Tool Annual Plans
- Pay your hosting on the annual plan (or switch to a better host).
- Pay for the annual Tailwind plan.
- Pay for unlimited Tribes for a year on Tailwind.
- Pay for unlimited Requeue posts for a year on Tailwind.
- Pay for a year of ConvertKit.
- Pay for a year of Leadpages.
Improve Your Blog
- Buy new theme (the Studiopress Pro Plus All-Theme Package will be on sale December 25-31, 2018).
- Buy a stock photo bundle.
- Buy PLR content.
- Hire The Blog Fixer to make your site Amazon compliant.
- Hire The Blog Fixer to move your site away from Pretty Link (or other link shorteners).
- Buy food photo props.
- Get a felt letter board.
- Buy photo backdrops.
- Buy supplies for next year’s DIY posts.
- Hire a page speed consultant.
- Get a paid recipe card.
- Get a Nutrifox subscription to add nutrition information to your recipes.
- Buy a photo editing subscription.
- Buy video editing software.
- Get a Later subscription.
- Get Grammerly.
- Pay to renew your domain name for at least 5 years (good for SEO).
- Hire a photographer to re-shoot images for old posts.
Invest in Your Business
- Pay for new head shots.
- Get new business cards.
- File to trademark your blog name.
- Move your Sole Proprietorship to an LLC.
- Get a new logo.
- Hire a business coach.
- Hire a life coach.
- Hire an accountant.
- Get Quickbooks Self Employed.
- Start a second blog.
- Buy a new laptop.
- Upgrade your phone.
- Buy a new camera.
- Buy that camera lens you’ve been wanting.
- Get a ring light.
- Get a cheap lighting setup.
- Buy a better tripod.
- Get an external hard drive to back up your photos.
Advertise Your Blog
- Buy Pinterest ads.
- Buy Facebook ads.
- Buy Instagram ads.
- Buy Twitter ads.
- Buy Google ads.
- Buy ads on referral widgets like Content.ad.
- The Food Stylist’s Handbook
- Tasty Food Photography
- How to Monetize Your Food Blog
- Ebook Creation Guide
- The Essential Habits of 6 Figure Bloggers