Last Updated on
I think most families with young kids have mounds of broken crayons. I have bags and bags full of them. I like to save them up to recycle them into new things. I wrote a post where you can get some ideas on what do with broken crayons. There are so many things you can do with broken crayons!
One thing you can do is to make seasonally themed crayons like these DIY Star-Shaped Glitter Crayons we made as one of our Christmas crafts. My girls love making Christmas crafts this time of year, and these DIY Glitter Crayons make great gifts and stocking stuffers!
This recipe should make 4 stars and will only take about 30 minutes. Increase the quanitites in the ingredients if you want to make more glitter crayons!
Christmas Crafts: DIY Star-Shaped Glitter Crayons
- 7 Green Crayons (can be different shades, or the same)
- 7 Red Crayons (can be different shades, or the same)
- Star Silicone Mold (or any shape will do)
- Silver Glitter (or red will work)
- Green Glitter (or gold will work)
- Preheat your oven to 275 degrees F.
- Remove the paper wrapper from each of your red and green crayons.
- Use a knife to carefully cut each crayon into tiny pieces.
- Shake silver glitter into 2 star-shaped molds.
- Add green crayon pieces into those 2 star-shaped molds.
- Cover the green crayon pieces with additional silver glitter.
- Repeat steps 4 through 6 for green glitter and red crayons.
- Place the silicone mold with the crayon pieces into your oven for 15 minutes or until the crayons have completely liquefied.
- Remove the silicone mold from the oven.
- Allow your new star-shaped crayons to cool at room temperature overnight (or you can place them in the freezer for about 2 hours to cool them quicker).
What are your favorite Christmas crafts to make with or for your kids?
This post contains affiliate links.