Do you love making memory ornaments? You'll love this tutorial for a Christmas List Memory Ornament! You'll cherish it for years to come.
This year, we dedicated one of our Girl Scout meetings to making Christmas ornaments and Christmas crafts. The girls had an absolute blast!
My craft station was set up for the girls to make this adorable Christmas List Memory Ornament. It's a super simple Christmas ornament to make, and it's one that I know will be cherished in the years to come.
Someday, when my girls are grown and have families of their own, I'll be able to look back and remember what they wanted in 2017.
And then I'll be able to pass the ornaments down to them when they have kids the age they are now. I can only imagine how much their kids will enjoy looking back at what their moms were interested in when they were their age.
Before I start crying thinking about my babies growing up, I'm going to go ahead and teach you how to make this amazing Christmas List Memory Ornament. I hope you appreciate the memory making as much as we did!
Christmas List Memory Ornament Tutorial
- Wood spools
- Red acrylic paint
- Card stock
- Sharpie or fine tipped permanent marker
- Hot glue gun and hot glue sticks (or strong craft glue)
- Start by painting your wood spool red (or your favorite color).
- While the paint is drying, cut a piece of card stock down to where it's the right width to fit into the spool and about 4.25″ long.
- First, have your child write their Christmas list in pencil, keeping all of the writing only on the bottom half of the paper (you could write on the entire paper, but some of it won't be as visible.
- Trace over the pencil with a fine-tipped Sharpie or other permanent marker.
- Once the paint is dry, go ahead and write your child's name and the year on the side of the wood spool.
- Next, using a hot glue gun or strong craft glue, adhere the Christmas list to the painted wooden spool, leaving part of the list hanging off like a tail.
- Allow the glue to dry, then tie a ribbon through the wood spool to create a hanger.
- Hang the Christmas List Memory Ornament on your tree. You'll be able to look back and remember what your child wanted for Christmas that year!
Let us know how your kids liked creating their own Christmas List Memory Ornament in the comments below!
Pin this post to your Christmas board!