As the weather cools down, warming scents and visuals are both relaxing and comforting. Cinnamon is one scent that always brings back wonderful memories this time of year because my grandma always had cinnamon candles burning in her room, and I’d buy her a new one always every year. If she was still with us, I’d be gifting her one of these DIY cinnamon candle holders this year.
This DIY project is very easy to make, and only uses a few very basic supplies you can easily find at home or at a local store. You can even get the kids involved in this project. They could give them as gifts to teachers or relatives, or it would make a great hostess gift for a holiday party this year.
- Candle in your favorite Fall scent
- Rubber band
- Cinnamon sticks
- Jute twine or ribbon
- Measure the height of your candle and cut down the cinnamon sticks. It looks best when you vary the sizes to be a variety of heights, both taller and shorter than candle.
- Using your rubber band, secure the cinnamon sticks around your candle.
- Once you are happy with your placements, wrap your twine or ribbon around the rubber band 3-4 times to cover the rubber band completely and tie into a bow.
- Now you have a beautiful, affordable gift for someone special this Christmas season!