Are you looking for a simple wreath idea for your front door? Our Simple Snowman Wreath is simple, elegant and can be made with dollar store supplies!
Wreaths always give such a warming feeling to a front door. When I walk up to a holiday party and I see a beautiful, handmade wreath on the front door, my heart instantly smiles.
Putting so much care and love into your home's decorations can be a sense of pride. For me, I just love the creative side!
I love working with my hands and my heart to create something beautiful and inspiring. I love how it feels to complete something that makes me feel good.
If you get a similar sort of joy from crafting, then you should try this Simple Snowman Wreath. You can find the supplies at most dollar stores, but you can also pick them up at crafts stores or through Amazon.
This dollar store craft is simple enough that even children could make their own snowman wreath with a little assistance (mainly with the hot glue gun). This year, we made these Christmas List Ornaments at our Girl Scout meeting. Maybe next year we'll make these!
Dollar Store Craft: Simple Snowman Wreath
- 3 small grapevine wreaths
- 3 pinecone, berry and greenery floral picks
- 3 gold glitter floral picks
- Snowman hat ornament (if you can't find one at your dollar store, this one is adorable!)
- Burlap ribbon
- Wire cutters
- Hot glue gun
- Start off by trimming the ends of the pinecone, berry and greenery floral pieces. You want the end to be as short as possible so it will not be seen when you tuck it into the wreath.
- Tuck your pinecone, berry and greenery floral pieces into the bottom of each of your grapevine wreaths. You want them to be toward the bottom, but slightly off to the side. They should stay tucked in on their own, but if they need to be secured, you can use some hot glue.
- Shorten the ends of the gold glitter floral picks and then tuck them in behind the pinecone, berry and greenery floral pieces that you previously placed on your wreath.
- Cut the hanger of the snowman hat ornament off and use hot glue to attach it to the top of the wreath you want to use as the head of your snowman wreath. You want to glue the hat slightly off to the side and not directly in the middle on top of the wreath.
- Attach the wreaths together with loops of burlap ribbon that has been secured with hot glue. Make sure the wreath with the hat is on top.
- Tie a piece of burlap ribbon around the very top of your snowman wreath in the center to use as a hanger.
- Hang your new Simple Snowman Wreath on your front door or wherever you'd like.
If you make this simple snowman wreath, we'd love to hear how it turned out!
Pin this Snowman Wreath to Your Christmas or Winter boards!