Last Updated on
There are so many ways to make melted crayon Christmas ornaments. Learn how to make a really cool Galaxy Ornament with melted crayon in this easy tutorial.
I’m back with another melted crayon DIY. This time we’re making a DIY Melted Crayon Galaxy Ornament.
I sat down to show Zoë how I made my Melted Crayon Speckled Ornament. She started playing around with the process and came up with this fun Melted Crayon Galaxy Ornament!
I just love how creative she is, and how she can take a craft and make it all her own! Next time, I might recommend putting a few pieces of white or yellow in to look like stars!
DIY Melted Crayon Galaxy Ornament
- Clear glass ornaments
- Crayons without wrappers (blues, purples, pinks)
- Scissors, knife or other whittling tool
- Blow dryer
- Choose the colors of crayon that you’d like to use. Zoë used a variety of blues, purples and pinks for hers.
- Use your whittling tool to shave thin slices of crayon onto a piece of paper. Make a really good sized pile. You want more shavings with this version than with the speckled ornament version.
- Once you have enough crayon shavings for your ornament, pour them into the glass ornament. You can use your hands or a small funnel – whatever works best for you.
- Get out your blow dryer and use it to melt the crayon shavings inside of the glass ornament. She used high heat and directed it right at the shavings. As soon as the layer against the glass starts to melt, twirl the ornament around so the crayon bits are in a new location. Blow dry again until more pieces begin melting, turn the ornament again. Keep doing this until the entire inside of the ornament is covered.
- Unlike with the speckled melted crayon ornament, you want to continue blow drying the ornament until the crayon is melty. This is what will give you that swirly galaxy look rather than a speckled look.
- Attach a hook and hang on your Christmas tree.