Aren't foxes just the cutest little animals? While I would not want one raiding the chicken coop, I do think they're quite adorable to look at from afar.
I've seen so many cute wood slice ornaments this year that I decided to try my hand at making some of my own. I thought these wood slices would look super adorable crafted into a sly fox face.
So I gathered up my crafting supplies and set to work. What resulted is this adorable Sly Fox Wood Slice Ornament.
Make your own and share one with a friend! Then be sure to check out all of our Christmas Ornament Tutorials!
DIY Sly Fox Wood Slice Ornament Tutorial
- Wood Slices
- Orange, Pink and Black Craft Felt
- White Paint
- Paint Brush
- Black Paint Marker
- Paint the wood slice white. You'll probably need to use 1-2 coats to get it coated evenly. Allow the wood slice to dry completely before proceeding.
- Cut a circle from the orange felt that is the same size as the wood slice.
- Next, cut out a small circle out of each side of those orange felt circles to form the fox’s face fur.
- Glue the orange felt pieces onto the wood slice.
- Next, you need to cut a small circle from the black felt and glue on top of the orange felt for the fox's nose.
- Use a black paint marker to draw eyes onto your sly fox.
- Next, cut small triangles from orange felt and smaller triangles from pink felt. Glue the two pieces together to form the ears.
- Cut the bottom of each ear into a rounded shape, then glue the ears on top of the fox’s head.
- Glue twine onto the back of the wood slice so you can hang your Sly Fox Wood Slice Ornament on a Christmas tree.
- Hang your fox wood slice ornament from your tree or gift one to a loved one!
What other animals would you like to see featured in a wood slice ornament tutorial?
Pin this fox wood slice ornament post to your Christmas board!