We live in the mountains in Big Bear. So there are bear decorations everywhere – it's a huge part of the culture here.
I think it turned out super adorable! I think we could even whip up a huge batch of these and sell them to tourists over the holidays! They'd make a really fun souvenir in addition to a fun gift idea.
If you're looking for a fun wood slice ornament tutorial, we hope you'll love our Bear Wood Slice Ornament!
How to Make a Bear Wood Slice Ornament
- Wood Slices
- Dark Brown, Light Brown, Pink and Black Craft Felt
- Brown Craft Paint
- Paint Brush
- Black Paint Marker & White Paint Marker
- Paint the wood slice dark brown. You'll probably need to use 1-2 coats to cover completely, depending on the quality of your acrylic paint. Allow the paint to dry completely.
- Start by cutting a muzzle from your light brown felt as shown below.
- Glue the light brown felt muzzle onto the wood slice.
- Cut an oval from your black felt to use as a nose, then glue it onto the light brown felt.
- Use a black paint marker to draw eyes on your bear wood slice ornament.
- Cut small half circles from dark brown felt, then cut smaller half circles from pink felt. Glue the pieces together to make the bear's ears.
- Put a dab of glue on the middle of the felt half circles and pinch together to round out the ears.
- Glue the ears to the bear wood slice.
- Use a white paint marker to add detail to the eyes.
- Glue twine onto the back of your bear wood slice ornament for hanging on your Christmas tree.
- Hang it from your tree for others to admire or hand them out as gifts!
What other animals wood you like to see on a wood slice ornament?
Pin this post to your Christmas board