Do you have a ton of unwanted crayons and don’t know what to craft with them? This Speckled Melted Crayon Christmas Ornament is super fun to make and it looks cute on the tree!
Broken crayons are the bane of my existence. I swear the little pieces are endless. It doesn’t matter how many bags and bags I collect of broken crayons, pieces still magically appear!
Today, I’m going to show you how to make a Melted Crayon Speckled Christmas ornament with unwanted or broken crayons. If you tossed all of the crayons like I almost did, you can buy crayons without wrappers.
It’s a super easy craft that you can complete in around 15 minutes. If you get the process down, you can make a whole batch pretty quickly!
Speckled Melted Crayon Christmas Ornaments
- Choose the colors of crayon that you’d like to use. I used red, white and green for Christmas colors.
- Using a knife, scissors or other whittling tool, shave thin slices of crayon onto a piece of paper. Make a good sized pile. The more you have, the more covered your ornament will be. The less you have, the more speckled your ornament will be.
- Once you’re happy with the amount of crayon shavings you have, transfer them into the glass ornament. I used my fingers, but I’ve seen people use a piece of paper as a funnel too.
- Now it’s time to use your blow dryer to melt the crayon shavings. I used high heat and directed it at the shavings. As soon as the layer against the glass started to melt, twirl the ornament around so the shavings are in a different spot. Blow dry again until the shavings start to melt, then move them again. Keep doing this until the entire inside of the ornament is covered and the speckles are evenly distributed.
- Attach a hook and hang on your Christmas tree.