Do you have a ton of wood blocks lying around the house? Put them to good use with this adorable Upcycled Wood Blocks Snowman Ornament craft.
Yesterday, I shared one of the snowman ornaments we made to try to encourage winter to arrive! That one was made with an upcycled mason jar ring.
We have so many wood blocks from when the kids were younger that don't get played with anymore, so today's Christmas ornament tutorial is for an upcycled wood blocks snowman ornament.
I think it came out pretty cute! If you have a bunch of wooden blocks lying around too, give this Wood Block Snowman Ornament a try and let us know how it turned out for you!
Upcycled Wood Blocks Snowman Ornament
- 3 small wood blocks (upcycled is best!)
- White craft paint, black craft paint and orange craft paint (or paint pens)
- One thick and one thin bristled paintbrush
- 3 small black craft pom poms (or 3 small buttons)
- 2 small twigs
- Low temperature hot glue gun or other strong craft glue
- Paint all three of your small wooden blocks white. You can use any type of white craft paint, but a chalk paint dries quickly and only needs one coat.
- Once dry, use a low temperature hot glue gun or other craft glue to attach your wooden blocks together, one on top of the other. This will form the body of your snowman.
- Using black craft paint and a thin bristled paintbrush (or paint pens), draw two eyes and a coal mouth onto the top wooden block to form the snowman’s face.
- Paint a carrot nose in between the eyes and mouth with the orange craft paint and a thin bristled paintbrush or paint pens.
- Use a hot glue gun to attach three black craft pom poms to the second and third blocks on your snowman. These will serve as his buttons (you could substitute these for cute little buttons!).
- Glue a piece of ribbon around the neck of your snowman. Cut the ends of the ribbon with scissors to make it look like a dangling scarf.
- Loop a piece of twine and attach it to the back of your snowman’s head to serve as a hanger for your ornament when you have finished.
- Attach two small twigs to the sides of your snowman ornament, one on each side to serve as his arms.
- Hang your adorable snowman ornament on a tree or wreath and enjoy!
Have you ever made Christmas ornaments out of upcycled wood blocks?
Be sure to Pin this post to your Christmas board!