Last Updated on
The “Cookie in a Jar” craze has many people making these sweet treats as thoughtful Christmas gifts, but what if you have a person on your list that has an allergy to gluten? Obviously, a traditional cookie in a jar recipe won’t do, but there are many companies that make gluten free cookie mix and flours. For a super simple DIY gluten free cookie in a jar, check out this recipe.
- One package of gluten free sugar cookie mix
- 1/4 cup of chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup Unreal candy coated chocolates
- Mix the candy coated chocolates and chocolate chips together.
- Place the gluten free mix in the bottom of a mason jar, then place the chocolate chip mixture on top.
- Seal the jar and attach a decorative tag with the ingredients and directions for your gift recipient to follow. I have created a tag you can print out and use. Click here to download the PDF. On this tag, list all of the cooking instructions found on the back of the package of gluten free cookie mix, including any wet ingredients under the ingredients section.
- Be sure to tie a bow or ribbon around the lid of the jar along with the tag, too.
Ingredients for the Label
- 1 jar of cookie mix
- All ingredients listed on the package
- 1 cup of creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup additional melted butter
Directions for the Label
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl, except for additional melted butter, until well blended.
- Add the butter and peanut butter, then mix again.
- *List baking instructions found on the package* (these will be different, depending upon the brand you use).
The extra butter helps the peanut butter and chocolate chips blend without drying out the gluten free flour, so don’t forget to list it in the instructions. It won’t be on the package of the gluten free mix.
This Gluten Free Cookies in a Jar recipe is a simple gift that any gluten free (or non-gluten free) person would love to receive this holiday season.