Are you looking for the perfect Christmas ornaments to gift this year? This DIY Hot Chocolate Ornament makes the perfect gift for these cold winter months!
This year, we got out our tree and decided we wanted some new Christmas ornaments, so you’ll be seeing several fun tutorials here over the next couple of weeks. Today, I’m sharing our DIY Hot Chocolate Ornament tutorial with you.
I love giving ornaments as gifts because it’s something people do tend to cherish year after year. It’s amazing how hanging an ornament on a tree can bring back so many memories!
People can choose to hang them on their tree for the season, then enjoy a nice hot cup of cocoa while they’re packing up the tree. Then they can re-use the clear ornament the following year for crafting or a gift for someone else!
This tutorial is to make 1 ornament. If you want to make several as gifts this year, just multiply the ingredients by the number you need.
I’d love to hear how your recipients like their hot chocolate ornaments in the comments below!
DIY Hot Chocolate Ornament Tutorial
- 1 large clear, fillable ornament
- 4 teaspoons organic cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons organic cane sugar
- Tiny sprinkle of sea salt
- 1/4 cup organic candy canes, broken up into little pieces
- 1/4 cup organic chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup mini peppermint marshmallows
- Add the cocoa powder, cane sugar and sea salt to an empty ornament. Mix to combine.
- Add a layer of chocolate chips, then a layer of the broken candy cane pieces.
- Add the final layer of mini marshmallows.
- Close the ornament and you have a wonderful gift for the holidays.
Have you ever gifted a hot chocolate ornament?
Don’t forget to Pin this post to your Christmas board!