Holiday parties are still abound, and everyone wants to bring the best dish or drink, right? Sometimes you know that savory appetizers are going to be overdone, and you just want to bring something sweet to balance things out without going overboard on the sugar.
This simple Strawberry Santa Hat Dessert recipe is sure to be a hit at any holiday party you may be joining this season! Kids and adults love it.
And you can make it with just a few ingredients you can find at any grocery store – or you can make everything completely from scratch! We used canned whipped cream this time, but Zoë asked me if I could make my yummy homemade whipped cream next time. It's nice to know that my efforts are appreciated!
Strawberry Santa Hat Dessert Recipe
- 1 package organic strawberries
- 8 oz real whipped cream
- Gluten free brownie bites or cookies
- Cut the top off of each strawberry and hollow out the middle of the strawberries.
- Fill the empty strawberry cavity with whipped cream and continue layering it around the edge of the strawberry where you removed the stem.
- Place the whipped cream layered strawberry on top of your favorite gluten free brownie bite or cookie. I used a modified version of this gluten free brownie recipe.
- Place a dollop of whipped cream on the top of each strawberry for added effect.
- Serve arranged on a Christmas platter and watch them all disappear!