Gluten free dinners prepared in a cast iron skillet like this 5-ingredient Turkey & Sweet Potato Skillet are great for busy nights. Everything is made in one pan, so cleanup is easy and the meal is delicious!
Cast iron skillets are wonderful for one pot meals because they can be used on the stove top and in the oven. It adds a lot of versatility.
This Turkey & Sweet Potato Skillet has lots of yummy flavor even though it’s only made with 5 ingredients! Best of all, everything is made in one cast iron skillet, so cleanup is much easier!
Even picky eaters like this dinner because it’s topped with cheese! Best of all, it’s easy to make in only 30 minutes.
5-Ingredient Turkey and Sweet Potato Skillet
- Heat the olive oil in a large cast iron skillet over medium heat.
- Add the turkey sausage and season with sea salt and black pepper, if desired. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the turkey is slightly browned and no longer pink, around 6-8 minutes. While cooking, break up the sausage into small chunks with a spatula.
- Add the sweet potatoes to the skillet and continue cooking until they become soft and slightly crisp around the edges, approximately 10-12 minutes.
- Add the broccoli and season with additional sea salt and black pepper, if desired. Stir to combine. Cover and allow the broccoli to steam for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove lid and sprinkle the shredded Mozzarella on top. Cover for another 1-2 minutes or until the cheese is nicely melted. Remove from heat and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Pin this recipe to your Dinner or Gluten Free Board!