Gluten free dinners prepared in a cast iron skillet like this 5-ingredient Turkey & Sweet Potato Skillet are great for busy nights. Everything is made in one pan, so cleanup is easy and the meal is delicious!
I have always loved one pot meals. Anything I can do to cut back on the cleanup is a win in my book. Cast iron skillets are wonderful for one pot meals because they can be used on the stove top and in the oven. It adds a lot of versatility.
I’ve been gluten free for most of the last 7 years now (minus a short period where I tried to re-introduce gluten unsuccessfully). I love rice and grains, but sometimes I like to mix it up.
Sweet potatoes are a great way to get away from the typical gluten free starches. They are yummy and their flavor pairs well with many dishes.
This Turkey & Sweet Potato Skillet has lots of yummy flavor even though it’s only made with 5 ingredients! Best of all, everything is made in one cast iron skillet, so cleanup is much easier!
If you’re dairy free, you can leave out the cheese. I do find that picky eaters are more likely to eat new things when it’s topped with cheese, though.
I hope your family enjoys this one-skillet meal! Be sure to Print or Pin it for your next busy night.
5-Ingredient Turkey and Sweet Potato Skillet
- Heat the olive oil in a large cast iron skillet over medium heat.
- Add the turkey sausage and season with sea salt and black pepper, if desired. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the turkey is slightly browned and no longer pink, around 6-8 minutes. While cooking, break up the sausage into small chunks with a spatula.
- Add the sweet potatoes to the skillet and continue cooking until they become soft and slightly crisp around the edges, approximately 10-12 minutes.
- Add the broccoli and season with additional sea salt and black pepper, if desired. Stir to combine. Cover and allow the broccoli to steam for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove lid and sprinkle the shredded Mozzarella on top. Cover for another 1-2 minutes or until the cheese is nicely melted. Remove from heat and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Pin this recipe to your Dinner or Gluten Free Board!