Are you looking for healthy after-school snack ideas your kids will actually eat? Set up an Apple Pizza bar in your house and your kids will love topping their apple slices with tasty toppings!
Apples have always been a staple snack in our home. There are always a few pounds in the fruit drawer.
One after-school snack we often make are Apple Pizzas with lots of toppings like raisins, coconut, peanut butter and more. These are a fun snack for play dates too because you can set up a topping bar and let the kids make their own creations!
It’s a really fun way to let kids experiment with different textures and flavors. And you as the mom get to control the ingredients, and maybe indulge in your own Apple Pizza.
Apple Pizza Bar
- Start by coring your apples. One apple is more than enough for 2 kids.
- Then slice your apple until you have thin apple ring slices.
- Spread the smooth peanut butter on the slices.
- Let your kids put their own toppings on their apple pizzas.
- Watch them enjoy their healthy after school snack!