Over the past two weeks, I’ve developed a bit of an obsession with stuffing portobello mushrooms with delicious goodness. I’ve stuffed them with tuna salad, guacamole and now with bacon and pineapple.
I literally had to battle Kaylee for every bite. She wanted the entire thing! It really went quite well together. After this success, I think any combination that is good on pizza will also be good in a portobello. Great for those of us that are gluten free!
I’ll give you the breakdown of how to prepare one portobello this way, and you can increase the quantity of ingredients based upon the number of mushrooms you’d like to make.
Bacon & Pineapple Stuffed Portobello Mushroom Recipe
- Carefully remove the stem and gills from the portobello mushroom. Be careful to only remove the gills without breaking the edges of the mushroom cap.
- Brush the mushroom cap with olive oil and bake at 375° F for 7-8 minutes.
- While the mushroom is baking, strain the crushed pineapple to remove as much of the liquid as possible.
- Chop the cooked bacon and combine with the pineapple.
- Remove the portobello from the oven, then fill with the pineapple and bacon combination.
- Return to the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until cooked through.
Give me some inspiration. What is your favorite combination to stuff portobellos with?
This recipe was created while serving as a paid blog ambassador for the Mushroom Council.