Learn how to make the best homemade whipped body butter with peppermint essential oil in this easy to follow step by step DIY beauty tutorial. If you prefer not to DIY, you can buy a really great body butter from Pronounce Skincare. She uses cocoa butter instead of shea butter and it both feels and […]
DIY Body Butter
Welcome to the DIY Body Butter area of Happy Mothering.
Here you'll find all of my DIY Body Butters... from lavender to calendula to citrus... I've created the best body butters for you to replicate at home!!!
- Balms & Salves– There are tons of DIY balms and salves for pretty much every occasion. From tension headache balms to sunburn salves, you’ll find an amazing amount of information here.
- Bath – This area has DIY beauty recipes for you to make bath bombs, bath salts, bath soaks, bath fizzies, bath melts and more.
- Beauty Hacks – Every beauty tip I’ve learned over the years all in one place.
- Body Butter – This is where you’ll find lotions, creams and all sorts of DIY beauty products you can make to keep your body smooth and silky.
- Body Scrubs – Here’s where you’ll find easy to make DIY recipes for wonderful smelling… very effective salt scrubs and sugar scrubs.
- Body Soap – My favorite DIY soaps… from soap bars, to loofah soaps, to jellies, melt & pour and body wash. This is your “how to make soap” area.
- Face – From makeup and cosmetics, to face wash, to face toners, to face creams and face mask. Every DIY beauty product here is designed to help keep your face clean, toned and youthful.
- Hands, Feet & Hair – Hand soaps, foot soaks, detanglers, shampoo and an array of DIY recipes designed to help keep your hands, feet and hair looking their best.
The majority of the beauty product recipes on Happy Mothering are easy to make and have simple ingredients.
The 5 most popular DIY beauty product recipes on Happy Mothering are:
Are you searching for the best all natural remedy for cellulite? This DIY cellulite cream uses simple ingredients like coconut oil and grapefruit essential oil for great results. Cellulite is something that many women deal with, and many women would simply prefer to hide from. We try to cover it up, and ultimately, we’d like […]
Learn how to make and use the best homemade Calendula Lotion Bars in this easy DIY beauty recipe. Calendula is one of my favorite ingredients to incorporate into homemade beauty products. It is so soothing and gentle, and it leaves a nice, light fragrance behind. Since I have dry skin, I need to moisturize my […]
Lavender is one of the best scents for DIY beauty recipes. Learn how to make easy this Homemade Lotion Bar recipe with a few natural ingredients to soothe dry skin. Lavender is one of my all time favorite scents. It is so relaxing and calming – and it’s cleansing at the same time. It’s wonderful. […]
Learn how to make solid lotion bars for dry skin in an easy DIY beauty tutorial. This Lemon Basil Solid Lotion Bar recipe uses dried herbs & essential oils. There are some scent combinations that work so well together. One of those combinations, for me, is Lemon and Basil. It’s uplifting, cleansing and refreshing all […]
Learn how to make lavender body butter in a jar – no double boiler needed for this DIY beauty recipe! It’s not whipped, so it’s quick to make for dry skin. I make most of my DIY beauty products using a double boiler. I’ve had a lot of readers reach out and ask about making […]
Do you love easy homemade beauty products with essential oils? Learn how to make the best DIY vanilla body butter recipe for dry skin using all natural ingredients. These jars make great holiday and Christmas gifts! Over the last several years, my DIY beauty making supply stash has grown from a scant few ingredients to […]
Learn how to make the most uplifting DIY Citrus Body Butter in this easy homemade beauty recipe. I don’t know about you, but I get dry skin. I find that body butter really helps to sooth my skin. Coconut oil has a ton of excellent benefits for your skin too! And I love that you […]