I have to confess. Ice cream is my favorite dessert. Unfortunately I go through phases (like right now when my gallbladder is acting up) where I don’t tolerate dairy well and have to say goodbye to the creamy goodness. Lucky for me dairy free ice cream is more readily available today than it was just a few years ago.
However, purchasing dairy free ice cream can get pretty pricey. That’s why I keep tinkering with dairy free ice cream recipes since we have an ice cream maker (great investment!). I always have canned coconut milk on hand for when I make Thai Curry. And now it really comes in handy when I want to make a dairy free coconut ice cream I can indulge in too.
If you haven’t tried making dairy free coconut ice cream yet, it’s so easy! The trick is having a good ice cream maker to churn the coconut ice cream up for you so it’s super creamy and refreshing!
Want to go the extra mile with your dairy free ice cream? Make a tasty marmalade in a small sauce pan using more berries and lemon zest to pour over the coconut ice cream when you serve it!
Dairy Free Triple Berry Coconut Ice Cream
- Chop the berries in a food processor or with a knife.
- In a medium bowl mix the coconut milk to a whipped cream consistency.
- Add the berries, the maple syrup, salt, and lemon zest, mix for 1-2 more minutes.
- Take to the fridge and let it cool for 6 hours.
- Pour it into your ice cream maker and mix it according to the instructions from the manufacturer.
Nutrition Information Per Serving