Do you love soups that can be prepared quickly on the stove top for an easy appetizer? Learn how to make the best Black Bean Soup recipe with canned beans.
If you’re looking for a great canned black beans recipe, one of the easiest meals to whip up in a pinch is my easy black bean soup recipe. It’s light, but very filling.
This healthy black bean soup recipe makes a yummy lunch or first course for dinner. If you like spicy black bean soup, add hot sauce. Then top with some sour cream and cheese for the yummiest Mexican black bean soup you’ve ever tasted.
If you want to know how to make this black bean soup recipe vegetarian, no worries. The soup itself is totally vegan. We like to top ours with dairy, but it’s not necessary.
If you want to learn how to make canned black beans into the best black bean soup recipe, follow these instructions and you’ll have a delicious meal on your table in 15 minutes.
Easy Black Bean Soup Recipe
- Heat a small frying pan over medium heat, then add the coconut oil and continue heating until melted and hot.
- Saute the onion until slightly translucent, or about 1-2 minutes.
- Add the garlic and jalapeño and sauté for another 1-2 minutes.
- All all of the ingredients, including the ones you just sauteed, to your blender and blend until everything is smooth.
- Pour the black bean soup mixture from the blender pitcher into a large saucepan and heat until warm.
- Serve in a shallow bowl and garnish with shredded cheese, sour cream and hot sauce.