I love easy to make breakfasts. Putting together a breakfast casserole is great because you can put everything together the night before and just bake it in the morning. That’s great for weekdays or weekends when you’re a busy family.
My family has a bit of love for cheese, so it gets added to a lot of our recipes. Cheese just goes so well in casseroles! While I typically go for block cheese, I love the convenience of sliced cheese for quick casseroles like this breakfast casserole.
We eat a lot of bacon, so I wanted to switch it up and use sausage this time. We’ve also been getting a boatload of kale in our CSA box, so I’m always looking for ways to sneak it into yummy dishes.
This breakfast casserole recipe was a huge hit with everyone in the house. Everyone cleared their plates AND got seconds. Now that’s saying something! The kale went perfectly with the sausage, and no spices were needed with the flavor that came from the sausage. And cheese always adds that extra special touch.
If you’re been searching for a breakfast casserole recipe the whole family will love, give this sausage, kale and cheese casserole recipe a try.
Breakfast Casserole: Sausage, Kale and Cheese
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large skillet, cook the sausage until it's browned.
- All the onion and continue cooking until the onions are translucent.
- Add the kale and cook until it has been greatly reduced.
- Layer the top with slices of the Crystal Farms Marble Jack.
- Place in the oven and cook for 25-30 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbling and starting to brown.
- Cut into slices and serve.