Are you looking for a gluten free cookie recipe that is full of fall flavors? Give this Chewy Gluten Free Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe a try.
Chocolate Chip Cookies are an American tradition, so we find ourselves making them quite often. Sometimes we like to mix it up and try different flavors.
This time around, we decided to incorporate the treasured flavor of pumpkin – one of the official fruits of Fall. I love how the flavor of pumpkin melds with the chocolate chips in this yummy gluten free cookie recipe.
If you love pumpkin and chocolate, you’ll definitely want to try making this pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. Once you do, they won’t last long!
Chewy Gluten Free Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 ¼ cups gluten free all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon xanthan gum omit if your flour blend contains it
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- ¾ cups unsalted butter melted
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a medium bowl, add gluten free flour, xanthan gum, baking soda and salt. Whisk to combine.
- Using a stand mixer with paddle attachment, mix pumpkin, melted butter, brown sugar and sugar on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Add vanilla extract and egg yolks (one at a time) and mix on low-medium speed until combined.
- Pour in flour mixture, and mix on low-medium speed – being careful not to overmix.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Cover mixing bowl with plastic wrap and allow dough to chill in the refrigerator for 4 hours. The dough can be refrigerated for up to 4 days before removing to bake.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Evenly scoop cookie dough balls onto baking sheet, leaving 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 11-12 minutes. Edges should be a light golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow cookies to continue cooking on baking sheet for 3 minutes before placing on a cooling rack.