Are you looking for a homemade treat idea? This Chocolate Almond Butter Cups recipe uses only 5 simple ingredients, and they’re quick and easy to make.
All my life, peanut butter cups have been one of my weaknesses. There’s simply something so delicious about the sweetness of chocolate combined with the saltiness of the nut butter.
So I got to thinking. I bet it wouldn’t be that hard to make a healthier version of my treasured peanut butter cups. I had everything I needed in my kitchen already, and I decided to use almond butter instead of peanut butter for some extra nutrition.
They came out really great. These chocolate almond butter cups have a dark chocolate taste. If you prefer a sweeter flavor, you can add a bit of stevia to the chocolate mixture.
This recipe makes six chocolate almond butter cups, depending upon the silicone mold you choose to use. You can double or triple the recipe if you’re making a batch to share.
Chocolate Almond Butter Cups Recipe
- 1/3 cup coconut oil (measured solid)
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 cup raw almond butter (make sure you use almond butter with no additives, you want a runny butter)
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- In a small pot, heat the coconut oil over low heat until it’s fully melted. Once melted, whisk in the raw cacao powder and maple syrup until well combined.
- In another bowl, whisk together the almond butter and vanilla extract until it’s nice and smooth.
- In silicone molds, divide just over half the chocolate mixture into the molds. Make sure there is more on the bottom than there will be on the top. Otherwise, when you pull them out of the molds, the almond butter will leak through.
- Next, scoop 1-2 spoonfuls of almond butter into each silicone mold. Try to make sure the almond butter is not in one giant clump in the middle.
- Top the molds with the remaining chocolate sauce.
- Place the molds in the freezer for 30-60 minutes, or until your chocolate almond butter cups are solid.
- When you’re ready to eat them, remove the chocolate almond butter cups from the freezer and allow them thaw for ten minutes before enjoying.
Pin This Chocolate Almond Butter Cups Recipe for Later