Looking for a delicious no bake protein bars recipe? This Chocolate Almond No Bake Protein Bars recipe is easy to make and yummy too!
I have been having trouble digesting meat, dairy and heavy foods recently thanks to my gallbladder, so I’ve been looking for easy ways to get more protein into my diet on a more vegetarian style diet. Protein powder is one easy way for me to do that. However, I can only stomach so many protein shakes, so I started to tinker with recipes for making my own protein bars.
After some trial and error, I came up with a no bake protein bars recipe that I think is pretty darn good! It comes together quickly and the flavor works for breakfast, lunch or even snack time. They have a good texture because of the rice cereal and sliced almonds too!
In addition, coconut oil seems to be the easiest fat for a distressed gallbladder to handle, so I used that as my fat source in these Chocolate Almond No Bake Protein Bars. It helps hold them together well too! I like to store them in the fridge so they stay nice and firm and keep fresh for longer.
I hope you enjoy this Chocolate Almond No Bake Protein Bars as much as I do! If you try any variations on it, I’d love to hear what you did and how it worked in the comments!
Chocolate Almond No Bake Protein Bars Recipe
No Bake Chocolate Almond Protein BarsPrint
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients until they're thoroughly combined.
- Once it's all combined well, stir it into the dry ingredients. It will appear dry and crumbly. That's okay as long as it comes together when you squeeze it in your hand.
- Pour the mixture into the pan and press it until it comes together. It took me about 5 minutes to get it pressed to my satisfaction.
- Place the pan in the refrigerator for about 2 hours or until it's well chilled.
- Remove the pan from the refrigerator and place the square onto a cutting board. Cut it into 8 equal sized bars.
- Store your bars in the refrigerator for best results.
What are your favorite type of protein bars?