Learn how to make the best homemade Chocolate Almond Protein Bars in this easy no bake recipe.
If you’re tired of drinking protein shakes, you’ll love making homemade protein bars. It’s easy because they’re no bake and they taste so much better than protein powder and water.
This easy recipe comes together quickly and the flavor works for breakfast, lunch or even snack time. The bars have a good texture because of the rice cereal and sliced almonds too.
The consistency of the coconut oil helps hold them together well, so I recommend not substituting another type of oil. To make them vegan, you can substitute maple syrup for honey.
I recommend storing them in the fridge in an airtight container so they stay nice and firm, and keep fresh for longer.
No Bake Chocolate Almond Protein Bars
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients until they're thoroughly combined.
- In another mixing bowl, combine the almond butter, honey, coconut oil and vanilla extract. You may need to gently heat any of these ingredients that are too hard to easily mix to combine.
- Once it's all combined well, stir it into the dry ingredients. It will appear dry and crumbly. That's okay as long as it comes together when you squeeze it in your hand.
- Once it's well combined, line an square baking pan with parchment paper or a silicone liner. Pour the mixture into the pan and press it until it comes together. It took me about 5 minutes to get it pressed to my satisfaction.
- Place the pan in the refrigerator for about 2 hours or until it's well chilled. Remove the pan from the refrigerator and place the square onto a cutting board, then cut it into 8 equal sized bars.