Learn how to make the best Chocolate Protein Muffins with protein powder in this simple recipe that’s great for breakfast or a post workout snack after a day at the gym.
As much as I love protein shakes (and I do), they’re hard for me to take on the go. I’m not a huge fan of protein powder mixed with water so I like to fancy them up at home. So I’ve been playing with ways to make protein powder more portable.
That’s how I came up with this Chocolate Brownie Protein Muffin recipe. It’s a lot easier to grab a muffin, toss it in with my gym gear and head out than it is to figure out how I’m going to mix up a shake.
This recipe for Chocolate Brownie Protein Muffins is gluten free, dairy free and soy free. It does contain eggs, but other than that, it’s allergen free. It’s not super sweet, so if you prefer things on the sweeter side, you can add some honey or up the amount of palm sugar you add to the protein muffins.
Chocolate Brownie Protein Muffins Recipe
- Preheat your oven to 350º F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk the eggs with the almond milk and vanilla extract.
- Combine the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients. It will form a thick paste.
- Divide the batter equally into 12 muffin liners.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the muffins are set.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Store the muffins in the refrigerator and toss a couple in your gym bag to eat post-workout.