Edible cookie bowls are the perfect way to eat ice cream! Learn how to make gluten free chocolate chip cookie bowls in this easy dessert recipe.
Chocolate chip cookies remind me of the simplicity of childhood. They’re a traditional cookie that everyone seems to love!
There truly is nothing like a classic chocolate chip cookie… unless it’s served with ice cream that is! Instead of eating my ice cream out of a bowl, I like to eat it out of something edible and delicious.
That’s why I created this gluten free Chocolate Chip Cookie Bowls recipe! Learn how to make edible cookie bowls that make the perfect dish for indulging in your favorite ice cream flavor.
It’s much easier to make these gluten free chocolate chip cookie bowls than you might think! All you need are the ingredients for gluten free chocolate chip cookies and a special Bake a Bowl Pan and you’re all set!
How to Make Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Bowls
- 1 cup palm shortening plus extra for greasing the pan
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups Gluten Free All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup chocolate chip ice cream or your favorite ice cream
- Caramel sauce
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the palm shortening and coconut oil with the cane and brown sugars.
- When it's light and fluffy, add in the eggs and vanilla, and continue beating.
- In medium mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and sea salt.
- Add a small amount of the flour combination to the butter mixture and blend until it's all combined.
- Mix in the chocolate chips.
- Grease the pan with palm shortening, then press the cookie mixture into the Bake-a-Bowl pan until it's just above the fill line (the gluten free flour doesn't rise as much; if you're using regular flour, just fill to the fill line).
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
- Allow to cool completely, then add one rounded scoop (about 1/4 cup) of ice cream to each bowl.
- Top with caramel sauce and serve immediately or store in the freezer for a short time.