This easy DIY Cinnamon Stick Christmas Tree Ornament craft makes a great gift idea. Not only is it pretty, it smells delicious!
I once saw an idea to make a Christmas tree ornament from a cinnamon stick and ribbon at a craft fair. I thought it was absolutely adorable, so I wanted to re-create this Christmas craft myself.
This is a super easy craft that you can make in less than 15 minutes. It’s so simple, it could even be made at a school holiday party!
It’s definitely a Christmas ornament kids can make. As long as they can tie a knot, they can lmake a Cinnamon Stick Christmas Tree Ornament in their favorite colors.
You can vary the ribbon colors to match your Christmas decor. If you don’t have cinnamon sticks, even a nice stick from a nature walk would work.
How to Make a Cinnamon Stick Christmas Tree Ornament
- Tie lengths of ribbon along about 2/3 of the cinnamon stick’s length.
- Cut the ribbons into a triangle or tree shape. I use pinking shears because it helps keep the ribbon from fraying as much and I like a less clean shape.
- Once you’re happy with the shape of the tree, glue your tree topper on the top of the cinnamon stick.
- Glue a thin ribbon to the back of the cinnamon stick to use as a tree hanger.
- Hang your finished Cinnamon Stick Christmas tree on your own family’s Christmas tree!