Have you seen Nick Jr.’s new show Little Charmers? It is a sweet animated show that takes place in Charmville and centers around three Little Charmers in training: Hazel, Posie and Lavender. They find themselves in lots of misadventures as they learn to use their magic, but always manage to get out of them with some self confidence and teamwork.
The positive messages of friendship is magic is the reason why I really like the show. I like how it teaches young children that anything is possible when you work together have true friends like the Little Charmers!
Just in time for the holidays, they have come out with a line of adorable toys like magic wands, Little Charmers plush pets and dolls like the Hazel Magic Doll – with a disappearing cape! They are really cute and brightly colored, and would make the perfect gift for little ones for the holidays.
My girls are having a blast playing with their Little Charmers toys!
We thought a great gift of friendship would be to include the plush pet with a handmade friendship frame for one of her little pals. Of course we wanted to share with you how we put ours together. You can make yours to match any character you like. We chose Hazel.
Crafts for Kids: Little Charmers Inspired Friendship Frame
- 4″x 6″ or 5″x 7″ unfinished frame
- Purple acrylic paint
- Pink craft foam
- Purple letter stickers
- Paint brushes
- Craft glue
- Card stock
- Wood skewer
1. Remove glass and backing, if any, from frame. Discard glass.
2. Paint unfinished frame front and back with the purple acrylic paint. Immediately sprinkle with glitter while the paint is wet, then allow to dry completely.
3. Cut a wooden skewer to 3” long, coat with purple paint and allow to dry.
4. While paint is drying, take the backing from the frame and use it to trace a piece of card stock in your chosen color/pattern.
5. Cut a small star from the pink foam, then glue it to the purple stick to create Hazel’s wand. Glue Hazel’s wand to card stock.
6. Next, put any phrase you wish in on the card stock. We chose to incorporate the theme of the Little Charmers show and used “Friendship is Magic.” You can do this for a small child or show them where the letters go, and tell them what they are sticking down to practice or reinforce letter recognition.
7. Once all your pieces are dry, place card stock and frame backing into place.
8. Now you have a sweet, handmade gift from one friend to another. What a fun way to celebrate friendship with crafts for kids!
Little Charmers are the perfect holiday gift! Visit the Little Charmers website to make this holiday season magical!
Has your daughter seen Little Charmers yet? Would she like to make this friendship frame for her friends?
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.