I am a huge fan of magnesium for so many things – one of which is helping you get restful sleep. When I remember to take my magnesium, I sleep so much better.
One delivery form that I have been loving lately is gelatin. One thing I hadn’t thought about is how much magnesium foams up when you mix it (especially when you add salt to the mixture I like I do in my homemade electrolyte drink).
If I’d had enough patience, I may have been able to wait for the foam to dissipate, but I ended up allowing the gummies to set with the foam on top. It gave these gummies a really neat texture – almost like marshmallow on top of a gummy. The kids loved that.
The kids take one in the evenings and I take a couple and I definitely feel like it helps me get good sleep and it’s a great alternative to drinking my magnesium all the time.
Cranberry Twist Magnesium Gummy Supplements
- ¾ cup cranberry juice
- ¼ cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- ½ cup magnesium powder
- ¼ cup gelatin
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt (you can use less if you can’t tolerate this much)
- Carefully whisk the magnesium in with 1/2 cup of the cranberry juice. Try to mix very gently or you’ll end up with a ton of foam!
- Transfer the mixture to a saucepan (or you can just start it in the sauce pan). Turn the heat on low and warm the mixture. When it’s warm, add the Real salt and cane sugar to dissolve.
- While the magnesium mixture is warming, whisk the gelatin into the remaining 1/4 cup of cranberry juice and 1/4 cup of orange juice and allow it to bloom.
- Once the magnesium mixture is hot (not boiling), pour it into the gelatin/juice mixture and whisk gently.
- Pour the mixture into a large flat bottomed bowl or a silicone mold and place in the refrigerator to allow it to set. This should take 30-60 minutes.
- If you used a bowl, cut the gummies into squares and store in an airtight container in the fridge. If you used a silicone mold you can just pop them out and store them the same way.