When I was a kid, I loved saving my change to get little prizes out of the vending machines at the grocery store. One of my favorite items to get was slime. My mom hated it and I loved it 🙂
While we do have those little vending machines at the local grocery store, I have never seen slime in one of them. So, I decided we needed to make our own!
You can use whatever coloring you want (or none at all), but I used the set of colors we recently received from Nature’s Colors. I love that they are all natural and gluten free. And the coloring is so much nicer than artificial dyes.
This recipe is super easy to make, but parents should supervise young children to ensure they don’t eat the slime since it does include Borax and glue. Once complete, you can also put the slime in a plastic bag and let your little one squeeze on it that way.
DIY Naturally Colored Slime Tutorial
- White school glue
- 2 red “party” cups
- Natural food coloring
- Stir sticks
- Tablespoon measuring spoon
- In one cup, mix about 4 ounces of water with 1 tablespoon of Borax until it’s dissolved.
- In another cup, and about 1-inch of glue.
- Mix 3 tablespoons of plain water into the glue with the stir stick.
- Add about 1/8 teaspoon of natural food coloring to the glue mixture.
- Add 1 tablespoon of the Borax solution to the glue mixture and mix well.
- Within a minute your slime will ready to play with!
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.