Need a way to wake up with a smile in the morning? Learn how to make DIY shower melts with grapefruit essential oil to energize your senses.
I know you’re here to learn how to make my uplifting grapefruit essential oil shower melts, right? I’m really excited to show you how to make them so you can start your morning right!
As a very busy mom, I have very little time to pamper myself. Sometimes I feel like that time is non-existent, so I try to sneak little moments here or there to just take care of myself. Can you relate?
I took my shower time back from co-showering a while back, so that’s my time to take a deep breath and relax – most days.
One way you can make your short shower time a little more special is with these grapefruit shower melts.
I love using grapefruit first thing in the morning because it has a very uplifting fragrance. You can substitute other oils for other effects like calming and soothing.
That’s why I love homemade beauty products – you can customize them however you’d like using essential oils! Invigorate yourself at the beginning of the day or calm yourself down at the end of a long day.
Just grab my free guide to choosing the right essential oils for your homemade beauty products – totally based on your skin type and preferences!
These grapefruit essential oil shower melts are a great start to a busy mom’s day! Ready to start your day with some pep? Make this easy recipe now and start your day off right tomorrow!
DIY Uplifting Grapefruit Essential Oil Shower Melts
- Place the grapefruit essential oil and corn starch in a bowl. Mix well. The mixture will look like a crumbly powder.
- Add in a few drop of both yellow and red food coloring (optional) and continue to mix well. You may not notice a great deal of coloring until you do step 3 below.
- Add in the two tablespoons of water. Continue to mix to the colors disperse and clumps begin to form. Please note that this amount of water will NOT be enough to make the paste you are after. It is however a starting point so you can carefully ration water in and form your paste.
- Continue adding a few drops of water at a time, mixing well as you do. Once you have a thick paste, transfer the mixture to your mini ice cube tray. Smooth the mixture out flat.
- Freeze the contents for 1 hour or until the mixture is set. As long as you didn’t overdo the mixture with water, you do not need to leave the melts frozen. You can place them in a jar and store them in a cool and dry place. If your cubes seem like they are runny, opt to store them in the freezer instead.