Are you looking for easy winter wreath ideas for your front door? Learn how to make a DIY Snowman Wreath with grapevine wreaths, burlap ribbon and a hat ornament.
Wreaths always give such a warming feeling to a front door around the holidays. When I walk up to a Christmas party and I see a beautiful, handmade wreath on the front door, my heart instantly smiles.
Putting so much care and love into your home’s Christmas decorations can be a sense of pride. For me, I just love the creative side!
I love working with my hands and my heart to create something beautiful and inspiring. I love how it feels to complete a craft that makes me feel good.
If you get a similar sort of joy from crafting, then you should learn how to make this DIY Snowman Wreath for your front door this Christmas. You can find the supplies at most dollar stores, but you can also pick them up at crafts stores or through Amazon.
This easy dollar store craft is simple enough that even children could make their own snowman grapevine wreath with a little assistance (mainly with the hot glue gun).
DIY Snowman Wreath for the Front Door
- Start off by trimming the ends of the pinecone, berry and greenery floral pieces. You want the end to be as short as possible so it will not be seen when you tuck it into the wreath.
- Tuck your pinecone, berry and greenery floral pieces into the bottom of each of your grapevine wreaths. You want them to be toward the bottom, but slightly off to the side. They should stay tucked in on their own, but if they need to be secured, you can use some hot glue.
- Shorten the ends of the gold glitter floral picks and then tuck them in behind the pinecone, berry and greenery floral pieces that you previously placed on your wreath.
- Cut the hanger of the snowman hat ornament off and use hot glue to attach it to the top of the wreath you want to use as the head of your snowman wreath. You want to glue the hat slightly off to the side and not directly in the middle on top of the wreath.
- Attach the wreaths together with loops of burlap ribbon that has been secured with hot glue. Make sure the wreath with the hat is on top.
- Tie a piece of burlap ribbon around the very top of your snowman wreath in the center to use as a hanger.
- Hang your new Simple Snowman Wreath on your front door or wherever you'd like.