Learn how to make the best frosting with fresh strawberries in this easy recipe using simple ingredients. Great on cakes, cupcakes, sugar cookies and more.
Strawberry is one of my favorite flavors, and I love that use can use real strawberries to make strawberry frosting.
If you’re looking for a tasty-dye-free strawberry frosting recipe for your favorite cake, cupcake or cookie recipe, you’ve come to the right place. I like to use this frosting on vanilla cupcakes or sugar cookies. Making a delicious frosting is super easy and only takes a few simple ingredients.
Next time you get the baking bug, have your kids help you whip up a batch of this dye-free strawberry frosting. My kids love using the mixer, and this is an easy recipe for them to practice their skills with!
Versatile Dye-Free Strawberry Frosting Recipe
- Puree the strawberries in a food processor or high-powered blender, then set aside.
- Beat the butter until it's creamed.
- Add the powdered sugar to the butter and continue to cream until it's light and fluffy.
- If it's not creaming, start adding whipping cream and continue to whip.
- Add the pureed strawberries and continue to mix.
- It's done when the frosting can make and hold a stiff peak. You may need to add more powdered sugar to get to that point.
- This versatile dye-free strawberry frosting can be used on cupcakes, cakes, cookies and any way you like to use frosting!