Are you looking for an easy edible DIY gift idea? These gluten free cookies in a jar are a hit at office and neighborhood Christmas gift exchanges.
The “Cookie in a Jar” craze has many people making these sweet treats as thoughtful Christmas gifts, but what if you have a person on your list that has an allergy to gluten?
Obviously, a traditional cookie in a jar recipe won’t do, but there are many companies that make gluten free cookie mix and flours these days. For a super simple DIY gluten free cookie in a jar gift, check out this tutorial.
This easy edible gift is always a hit at holiday gift exchanges. Who doesn’t love a good gluten free Christmas cookie or gifts that come in mason jars?
Gluten Free Cookies in a Jar Gift
Ingredients for the Mason Jar
Ingredients for the Label
- 1 jar gluten free cookie mixture
- All ingredients listed on the cookie mix package
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup melted butter (in addition to any listed on cookie mix package)
Directions for the Mason Jar
- Mix the candy coated chocolates and chocolate chips together.
- Place the gluten free mix in the bottom of a mason jar, then place the chocolate chip mixture on top.
- Seal the jar and attach a decorative tag with the ingredients and directions for your gift recipient to follow. I have created a printable tag for you to use (PDF file). On this tag, list all of the cooking instructions found on the back of the package of gluten free cookie mix, including any wet ingredients under the ingredients section.
- Be sure to tie a bow or ribbon around the lid of the jar along with the tag, too.
Directions for the Label
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl, except for additional melted butter, until well blended.
- Add the butter and peanut butter, then mix again.
- *List baking instructions found on the package* (these will be different, depending upon the brand you use).