I try to eat something every morning. Something with protein is a good choice because it helps you to feel full longer.
I came up with the idea of making these egg cups one day when Kaylee was putting eggs away. She dropped them on the floor and 5 of them cracked. Rather than throwing them away, I put one egg in each slot in a muffin pan and baked them.
It is so incredibly easy! They taste just like a hardboiled egg, but there is no hassle of peeling the egg. You can bake up a batch at the beginning of each week. Then just grab an egg or two and a piece of fruit and you have an easy breakfast to start your day off.
You can also vary this recipe by scrambling the eggs and adding some of your favorite veggies to the mixture.
Easy Egg Cups Recipe
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Coconut oil
- Preheat your oven to 350° F.
- Lightly grease a muffin tin with coconut oil.
- Crack one egg into each muffin slot, then sprinkle salt and pepper to taste on top of the eggs.
- Bake the eggs for 20-25 minutes, or until they are firm to the touch.
- Store the eggs in a reusable glass container in the fridge.