The first time I was served a fruit salad with basil in it, I was a little hesitant to try it… Kaylee actually tried it first. I was surprised that both of us really enjoyed it. I would have never though to pair basil with fruit.
I have been trying to find more ways to add fresh, raw produce to my diet each day, so I decided to make a basil cucumber fruit salad similar to the one we tried at the Farmer’s Market and included cucumber in it.
It’s surprisingly delicious! If you aren’t a basil lover like I am, you can omit the basil from the recipe for a more traditional fruit salad.
Farmers Market Fresh Basil Cucumber Fruit Salad Recipe
- Peel the cucumber, then dice into small cubes and place into a bowl.
- Dice the nectarines into small cubes and add to the bowl.
- Slice each blueberry in half and add to the bowl.
- Mince the basil and add to the bowl, then mix to combine all of the fruit with the basil.
- Juice the orange, then whisk in the raw honey. Pour the juice over the fruit, then refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
- You can either strain the juice out of the fruit before serving for a traditional fruit salad, or serve it with the juice for a fruit cocktail feel.
- Use the basil cucumber fruit salad within 2-3 days.