Learn how to make a simple DIY First Aid Kit from a repurposed prescription bottle in this fun craft idea.
For years, I carried a first aid kit with me, but it felt like I never used it. Items in my first aid kit would expire before I’d use them up and it just felt wasteful.
Of course, the times that I haven’t carry a first aid kit with me is exactly when I needed one. So I decided it would be a good idea to put together a small first aid kit to carry with me.
Rather than spending a bunch of money on a pre-made kit, I decided to make one out of an upcycled prescription bottle. They are the perfect size to carry in my purse! The best thing is that you can customize it so that you carry the first aid items you use most often.
Whether that’s traditional first aid supplies or natural options, you can make this DIY first aid kit fit your lifestyle.
How to Make a First Aid Kit with a Repurposed Prescription Bottle
- Old prescription bottle
- First aid ointment
- Medical gloves
- Other medical supplies
- Black and red Sharpie pens
- Remove the labels from your prescription bottles. If there is any sticky residue left, I find that lemon essential oil or rubbing alcohol will help you easily remove that.
- Take the caps off your clean prescription containers and place them onto a piece of newspaper outside or in a well ventilated area. Spray the top and bottom of the container white and let it dry overnight.
- Use your red sharpie to draw a first aid cross on the front of your white prescription container.
- Then use a black sharpie to write first aid above and below the red cross.
- Fill your upcycled first aid kit with Band-Aids, first aid ointment, medical gloves or anything you find yourself using regularly.