Are you looking for a delicious, yet healthy, after school snack? These frozen yogurt covered blueberries are super easy to make and delicious too!
Two of my girls’ favorite foods are berries and yogurt. It’s finally berry season again, so we’re enjoying the bounty we receive each week from our local CSA.
I was looking for a new way to enjoy the berries we’ve been receiving, and came up with the idea to make our own frozen yogurt covered blueberries. The yogurt covered blueberries from the store are full of all sorts of ingredients we avoid (like GMO beet sugar, hydrogenated oil and more).
Unlike many from-scratch recipes, this one is super duper simple. All you need is 3 ingredients for a yummy treat: Greek Yogurt, maple syrup and blueberries.
These frozen yogurt covered blueberries make the perfect after-school snack. You could also have them for breakfast, and we even enjoy eating them for dessert!
If you want to experiment with flavors, you can even try adding a touch of pure vanilla extract to the yogurt mixture. Yum!
Frozen Yogurt Covered Blueberries Recipe
- 1 cup organic Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 cups fresh blueberries (organic preferred)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine your Greek yogurt and maple syrup.
- Mix until it’s well combined.
- Pour the blueberries into the yogurt mixture, and stir until all of the blueberries are evenly coated with yogurt.
- Line a baking sheet or cutting board with unbleached parchment paper.
- Pour the yogurt covered blueberries onto the parchment paper. Use a silicone spatula to evenly distribute the blueberries, ensuring that none are stacked on top of each other.
- Place the baking sheet or cutting board into the freezer, and freeze for approximately thirty minutes.
- Enjoy your frozen yogurt covered blueberries straight from the freezer, or you can allow them to thaw for 1-2 minutes before eating. They won’t last well in school lunches since they need to be eaten quite cold to keep the yogurt intact.
Let us know how your family enjoyed this frozen yogurt covered blueberries recipe in the comments below!
Pin This Frozen Yogurt Covered Blueberries Recipe for Later!