I’m always looking for gluten free snacks that are both yummy and on the healthier side. Easy preparation is a huge plus too!
I had gotten into a bad habit of buying more snacks lately. We mostly snack on fruit and nuts, but I have been buying more crackers, granola bars and chips than I should be lately.
It’s time to make a change, and start making more of our own snacks again. These Gluten Free Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal Bars and yummy, easy to make and better for you than the processed bars you buy at the store. It should take about 25 minutes to make the recipe and you’ll end up with 12-16 servings, depending upon the pan you use.
Gluten Free Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal Bars Recipe
- 2 1⁄2 cups old-fashioned rolls oats (don’t use instant or quick oats)
- 1⁄4 cup organic brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup organic milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 2 large ripe bananas, mashed (the riper, the better)
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F . Grease a 8” x 8” square (or 9” x 9”) baking pan with palm shortening (or your favorite greasing oil), or line with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Mix the oats, brown sugar, baking powder, sea salt and cinnamon.
- Add in the milk, vanilla and egg and mix well until everything is evenly combined.
- Add mashed bananas, peanut butter, chocolate chips and peanut butter chips. Stir well.
- Pour the mixture into the pan and bake for 20 minutes. Allow to cool and cut into bars.